This page is a work in progress. Thanks for checking it out! Note that I only recommend products and shops that I personally use and love! This page does not contain affiliate links.
Glossary of Stitchy Terms and Slang:
- Rotation – While some stitchers prefer to work on one project until it’s complete, others have a “rotation” of projects that they work on. This can be a set rotation (i.e. this week one, next week another) or more free (i.e. pick up the project that speaks to you that day)
- SAL – stitch-a-long – A group posting regular updates of their progress on a project, usually the same project or variations on a theme. Sometimes this is hosted by a pattern designer who releases the patterns in sections, as you go.
- UFO – unfinished object – an incomplete project
- WIP – work in progress – an incomplete project
- Etsy shop: Designs by Lisa (Really cute needle minders!)
Stitching Blogs I Love:
- 123stitch.com (many types!)
- Etsy shop: Kimberly Ouimet (freestyle patterns)*
- Etsy shop: Wellington House Designs (freestyle patterns)*
- Etsy shop: Clementine Patterns (freestyle patterns and kits)
- joyfulexpressions.us (Bible verse cross stitch patterns)
- nordicneedle.com (many types!)
- stoneycreek.com (cross stitch patterns, including a quarterly magazine)
*I haven’t bought anything from this shop but it’s on my wish list!
Pattern and Technique Books:
- All Our Yesterdays Cross Stitch Collection by Faye Whittaker
- Cross-Stitch Treasures for Children by Joan Elliott
- The Stitch Bible by Kate Haxell
One thought on “Embroidery Resources”